HEFAD is Health Facility Database application designed to enable users in Kenya to locate and find easily nearby health facilities. The project was inspired by Kenya Master Health Facility List (KMHFL) but now making it accessible on mobile.
The initial scope of this project was to develop an appointment management system but due to lack of accurate information about health facilities in kenya, the main object of this project is to collect and share accurate information about all facilities in Kenya. Among the biggest feature of this application include:
- Crowdsourcing – Any registered user can contribute to the database by correcting the information about an health facility or correcting any information with an error.
- Content review – this is a backend feature which allows the administrator to review and update the requested changes to an health facility, this is to control accuracy of information we receive from our community online
- Nearest health facilities – the application allows you to only show the nearest clinics and also enables you to navigate there with help of google maps.
- Rating – you can rate an health facility based on their services to inform others about the quality of services and treatment.
- Powerful search engine – this search module enables users to filter health facilities based on countries, names, locality and even rating.
- Appointment booking – this will enable patients to book appointments easily
- Integration with wordpress to power appointments engine
- Health tips to help you monitor your health and live an healthy life
- Open source – we will open this system to enable developers around the world contribute to this project.
- APIs to enable developers with our application to get any kind of public health facilities information.
- Regulators Integration – this is to allow users to confirm if the health facility is registered by the ministry of health or not.